Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Christmas in July?


I have to say, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve right now--extremely delighted and excited about everything. Why? Because I've just arrived in Abuja (in hopes of a acquiring a visa extension), and I'm staying at a hotel with AC, a king-size bed, a mini-fridge (hello cold water!), flat screen (go Germany!), room service, FAST internet, and a toilet. And even though the toilet does not have a seat, it's still pretty amazing.

Forget the somewhat frightening, 3-dimensional picture on the wall and the holes in the bed's comforter--it's so exciting to know that I won't wake up in the middle of the night because the electricity went out and I'm sweating. Imagine--being woken up by your own sweat.

I'm a little surprised by my level of excitement--I mean, it's not like any of my accommodations are bad (except the boys' quarters in Ikara--I will have nightmares about that bathroom for years). There are just so many little creature comforts in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment