Friday, July 16, 2010

A Good Food Day


Had some seriously good food in the village this week at a nice Fulani household. Even though my job is to sit in the household from morning til evening in order to observe--in a non-obtrusive way--women's work, hospitality always seems to trump the rules of scientific observation. I.E., some kind of special food is always made or purchased for me.

On Wednesday, I had what's called pate (pa-tay), which is kind of like a porridge mixed with 2 kinds of leaves; to make it really good, my host fried some onions (until they were burnt to a crisp--the tastiest way) in some cow oil. It was amazing.

Then that evening, we had chicken--I can't say one way or the other if I was the reason for chicken or if they would have had chicken anyway, but it was seriously tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment