Monday, August 9, 2010

Don't Worry--Team Maradi is STILL Better than Team Zinder

I made it to Niger at 2:35 pm on Saturday. We had to stop at 6 border checks on the Nigeria side and 2 on the Niger side. Other than being time-consuming and hot, the trip wasn't too bad.

And now I'm in Maradi, and it's awesome. Hassane and Ado greet you all; so does Kabo from the Maradi Guest House.

I am leaving for Mai Lafiya tomorrow. It seems like the rains this year are good, so hopefully the fields will look good. Ramadan starts in the next couple of days, so everyone will be fasting (joy). I'll probably end up fasting, too, since I'll be staying with friends in the village. Allah ya bamu sa'a.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Team Maradi!! How wonderful that you'll get to see everyone again. I'm sure they'll all be so excited. Greet everyone for me!

    ReplyDelete